Thursday, April 26, 2012

Favorite Wife of the Year Award

There are a lot of great information provided by friends, families, support groups (think precana, not AA people) to assist in the transition from single to married life. But I have to admit, I feel a little jipped. I mean, I'm grateful for all the tips on preparing a warm meal for your husband and making sure his socks match before he goes out the door in the morning, but NO ONE (is this a conspiracy?) told me that he would actually expect to have room on MY shoerack or his dinky 3 pairs of shoes. I had to make the gut-wrenching decision between keeping my hot pink or snakeskin in a box while his got to sit proudly on my customwmade shelves. I mean seriously, people... these are things a bride needs to KNOW. And while I may be using this as a bit of a soap box, I not once complained to my adoring husband, earning me, in my estimtion, the Favorite Wife of the Year Award. (plus, he does get ahomecooked meal nearly every night.) What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What do think? Should husbands get space on your shoe rack? And why hasn't this come up when you're talking about kids and finances?

    ReplyDelete